Free Standing Timber Screens
Create the look of bespoke timber joinery with our customisable system that uses minimalist fixings to create stunning free standing timber screens.
How it works
The fixing method for our screen system is simple. Top and bottom aluminium tracks use mortice and tenon connections to hold the battens in place and come with all components prefixed to the desired spacing. With these tracks installed on the floor and ceiling, the battens are then push fit into place quickly and easily.
How to Specify Free Standing Screens
The specification process for our free standing timber screens is simple. Follow the steps below to create an easy specification for builders and installers to follow, or see our example specification to ensure you include all the information required.
1. Choose a profile
Our range of profiles allows you to choose the right size batten for your design intent. Custom profiles are available for larger projects upon request.
2. Choose a coating
A timber coating can have a huge effect on the overall look of your screen. We offer matt or gloss options to meet your desired look.
3. Choose the spacing
The spacing between the battens is completely customisable, allowing you to choose a uniform or random space to meet your requirements.
Our free standing timber screen system offers a range of design opportunities. Here are a few examples of the looks which can be achieved.
Create the signature floating timber screen look with 32x60mm batten spaced at 80mm apart.
Provide us with the required radius and desired batten size and spacing so we can calculate the exact fixing points required to give your screen a clean look.
Unique Batten Combinations
Create your own sequence of different batten profiles for a unique look. Any combination of batten profiles can be used together, as the fixing points remain the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum and maximum spacing between battens?
- The system allows for a minimum of 20mm gap between the battens, with no maximum.
- Do you need a top track and/or bottom track?
- The tenons which hold the timber battens in place can be supplied loose, then direct fixed to the floor and ceiling. This method requires a high degree of accuracy during the installation, where having the tenons pre-fixed in our factory ensures the battens will always be at the correct spacing.
- Can it be used externally?
- Our system is designed for internal use only, due to the effects that exposure to the elements can have on the timber battens. If you require an external screen solution, contact us and we can work with you to find the right option.
- What other sizes can you do?
- We have our own timber moulding facility, so custom sizes and shapes are not a problem. Contact us to discuss your unique requirements and how we can help.
- Can I fix it to a suspended ceiling?
- The top track cannot be directly fixed to a suspended ceiling, however additional framing can be built out to fix the screen to. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Can I do a half-height screen to act as a ballustrade?
- The standard system is designed to span from floor to ceiling, however can be reinforced using some custom componentry. Contact us for more information.
Need help with your specification?
If you want to discuss you screen solution further, or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact by using the form below or phone 1800 008 828. We are here to help!