Our new Wood Finish Aluminium range provides you with the beautiful, natural look of timber while letting you avoid hassles such as fire compliance and maintenance schedules.
Why use our Wood Finish Aluminium?
Our Wood Finish Aluminium battens provide value to specifiers, installers and clients alike. Cost effective, fast to install and providing a range of colour options, our wood finish range can meet any budget and design intent.
Deemed non-combustible under AS1530.1, our battens meet the fire compliance requirements for most external applications.
A Quality Timber Finish
The world-class polyolefin film is manufactured in Japan, using an electron beam coating technology. The coating makes the film highly durable and resistant to scratching and abrasion. The film is bonded to the aluminium boards using European wrapping technology.
The German-made reactive hotmelt PUR adhesive gives it superior resistance to moisture and temperature. This interlaminar bond is continually subjected to strict testing rigour.
Colour fade test results
The film also has excellent resistance to fade. In the table below we compare the fade of Sculptform timber finish to a sublimation powder coat alternative. The samples were tested under accelerated weathering conditions to compare fade over time.
All this is backed by Sculptform’s 10 Year Warranty.
Contact us to discuss how our Wood Finish Aluminium will perform in a specific application.
Large blade sizes
Available in depths up to 150mm, our Click-on Batten system offers large timber look blades for your project. The aluminium profiles offer a lightweight alternative to solid timber battens. See our entire range of aluminium sizes here.
For large scale facade applications requiring deeper blades, our Facade Blades system offers depths of up to 300mm.
Frequently asked questions
- Will the wood finish fade when used externally?
- Our extensive weather testing indicates that our Wood Finish Aluminium is highly resistant to fading, performing much better than similar wood look aluminium competitors.
- Is our Wood Finish Aluminium fire rated?
- Our range of aluminium battens is deemed Non-combustible under AS 15030.3, making them suitable for any external application.
- How often does the wood pattern repeat?
- The pattern repeats every 1200mm, providing enough variation to give a real timber aesthetic.
- How thick is the wood finish wrap around the batten?
- Our wraps are 0.15mm thick.
- What warranty is available?
- Sculptform provides a 10-year warranty on our wrapped aluminium products, contact us on 1800 008 828 for more details.
Sample Request Form
Please be sure to include your full postal address to help us ensure your sample makes it to you.
Have any questions?
Our clients are at the heart of every project. It’s our job to deliver on the big picture and the smallest detail. We’re your proactive design partner – we’ll listen to what you really need and work with you to make sure the job gets done right.
We would love to hear about your next project!